Okay I am in no way reinventing the wheel here, but this is the perfect salad to make during summer when vegetables are both plentiful and inexpensive. It’s also a great salad to throw together any time of the year when you have a bunch of veggies that you need to use up.
I think this salad tastes even better the next day.
• 1 cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed
• 2 cups magical mineral broth or bouillon of your choice
• 1 can black beans
• 4 medium tomatoes or a whole bunch of those cute little grape tomatoes
• 1/2 a red onion
• 1 large bunch cilantro or parsley
• 1-2 limes
• 2 ears of corn
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1 bell pepper
1. Cook 1 cup of quinoa according to package directions. Use the mineral broth (or your favourite bouillon) in place of just plain ol’ water. Cool the quinoa while you assemble the salad.
2. In a large bowl, add the black beans (drained and rinsed), and everything else.
3. Once cooled quinoa.
4. Refrigerate and serve.
Thank you to Pomme employee Leigh-Anne from www.avanihealth.com for sharing this recipe with us!