This dish is a real stunner for your holiday table, with a beautiful balance of sweet, savoury and nutty flavours. And because it's vegan, it will work for guests of almost any dietary preference—while also being thoroughly enjoyed but the most committed omnivores!
Roasted Butternut Squash, Brussel Sprouts, with Cinnamon, Pecans and Cranberries
4 cups of cubed butternut squash, peeled and seeded
3 cups of brussel sprouts, ends trimmed, peeled and halved
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups halved pecans
1 cup dried cranberries
salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400*. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a medium bowl coat brussel sprouts with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper. Arrange sprouts on one side of baking sheet.
3) In a medium bowl combine squash, 2 tablespoons olive oil, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Arrange on other side of baking sheet.
4) Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Be sure to turn over vegetables once during baking for even colour and cooking.
5) In a large serving bowl mix roasted vegetables and sprinkle with cranberries and pecans. Serve warm and enjoy!