Your kitchen will be engulfed with wonderful aromas and your tastebuds flooded with awesome flavours—and it will all be so easy! And it will also be full of fibre, iron and folic acid, as well as the good-health-powerhouses, turmeric and garlic.
2 tbsp high heat cooking oil such as grape seed
3 large cloves of garlic
2 small dried red chiles, crushed
2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 organic large yellow onion, diced
2 - 15 oz cans of organic unsalted chick peas, drained and rinsed
2 large organic tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
6-7 cups fresh organic spinach leaves
Salt to taste
1) In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add garlic, chiles, gram masala, coriander, cumin, ginger and turmeric. Stir constantly until fragrant, about 60 seconds.
2) Add onion, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
3) Add chickpeas, tomatoes and lemon juice, stir occasionally until tomatoes are juicy and chickpeas are heated through, about 5 minutes.
4) Add spinach handfuls at a time and stir until wilted.
5) Season with salt and serve with a slice of pita.
Love South Asian food and cooking? Next time you're in Pomme look out for Cha's Organics Fair Trade spices!