With quinoa, oats, nut butter and fresh berries, these vegan cookies are awesome for a breakfast on the run that's rich in protein, fibre and vitamins. Or savour them slowly with a hot cup of coffee and a weekend paper! They're delicious either way.
Serves: 14 - 16 cookies
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
½ cup nut or seed butter of choice
¼ cup pure maple syrup
1 medium banana, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup quinoa flakes
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup fresh organic blueberries
1) Preheat oven to 350*. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2) Make Flaxseed egg by wisking together flaxseed meal and water. Set aside.
3) Beat together nut or seed butter, syrup, mashed banana, vanilla and then add flaxseed egg.
4) Add all dry ingredients and stir together. Fold in organic blueberries.
5) Drop 2 tablespoons of mixture onto baking sheet.
6) Bake cookies on centre rack for for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack and let cool. Enjoy warm or room temperature.