Party Perfect Bruschetta, just in time for the holidays!
• 250 g (small tub) light ricotta cheese*
• 24 pumpernickel squares
• 1⁄2 tsp pepper
• 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
• 2 tbsp fresh chives or green onion, chopped
• 4 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
• 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• ½ tsp hot red pepper flakes
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat broiler, arrange bread in a single layer on baking sheets and broil until slightly crusty on each side. Place remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Spread a heaping tablespoon of the ricotta mixture on each piece of bread. Serve immediately.
*Note: if the ricotta cheese is watery, use a strainer and allow it to drain for a few hours before using.