This is a warming, comforting fall showstopper that offers carbs for energy, protein for your muscles, iron for your red blood cells, and lots of vitamins and other minerals!
200 grams fresh pasta such as linguine or penne
3 cups of fresh organic spinach
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 large cloves garlic
2 cups of cubed organic butternut squash or pumpkin
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1/2 lemon juice
30 grams chopped walnuts
salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400*.
2) Prepare squash, remove skin and seed, cube 2 cups and coat with 1
tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper, bake for 35 mins on a
lined cookie sheet.
3) Wash spinach and remove stems, set aside.
4) Bring water to a boil and cook pasta.
5) Heat 2 tablespoons oil in fry pan and cook garlic and chilli flakes.
6) Add lemon juice to fry pan, then pumpkin, spinach and pasta. Stir well and serve with a sprinkle of walnut on top. Enjoy!