Yum – pumpkin, spice and brown butter glaze – so good they should come with a warning.
Makes about 4 dozen
½ c white sugar
½ c brown sugar
1 c mashed pumpkin
½ c butter or vegetable shortening
2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp salt
½ c butterscotch or white chocolate chips
½ c chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 3500F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Sift flour into a separate bowl. Add spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to mix.
5. Add one-third (⅓) of the flour mixture and one-third (⅓) of the pumpkin to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Repeat two (2) more times until all the flour and pumpkin have been incorporated.
6. Drop by the teaspoonful onto a parchment paper lined pan. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
7. Glaze cookies with Brown Butter glaze.
Brown Butter Glaze
¼ c butter
2 c icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tbsp milk
Heat butter over medium heat until light brown. Stir in icing sugar, vanilla and milk. Beat until smooth. Glaze should be runnier than icing so that it can be drizzled over the cookies.