A quick & easy recipe to celebrate any occasion! Use this nutritious decadent chocolate sauce to drizzle on organic fruit or create a chocolate fondue!
- 1 1/2 cups of filtered water
- 7 – 9 pitted Medjool dates (pitted baking dates are cheaper and work well too)
- 1/2 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 5 tbsp of hemp seeds
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of organic green stevia or add more dates if you would like sweeter
- pinch (1/8 tsp) sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded raw cacao butter (optional for more rich chocolate taste)
- Estimated Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Will keep for: 5 days in the fridge or you can freeze for a longer period of time
- If the Medjool dates are dry, try soaking them for 10 – 20 minutes to soften before making the sauce (otherwise you will end up with chunky bits!).
- Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth.
Thank you Julie!
Recipe contributed by Julie Beyer, founder of For the Love of Food’s line of GLOW Goodies and Chocolates. Our GLOW line provides guilt free indulgences that satisfy your sweet cravings while leaving you feeling balanced and energized – so you can enjoy “dessert” everyday, feel and look fabulous! Our GLOW Spot Raw Chocolate and GLOW Ball Consciousness Sugar Free Truffles are available in the deli section at Pomme Market.
For more information please visit: loveoffood.ca